Friday, March 11, 2011

Making Money System

On Monday evening, I watched my primary, The Previous Phrase host Lawrence O’Donnell.
Whereas O’Donnell laudably tried to target the audience’s awareness onand hopefully very last, Charlie Sheen trainwreck interview, courtesy of the tragic undertow that threatens to pull Sheen under for superior, I was overtaken, not by the pulling about the thread, as well as the voracious audience he serves. It did not make me unfortunate, it manufactured me angry.

Relating to celebrities, we could be considered a heartless nation, basking in their misfortunes like nude sunbathers at Schadenfreude Seashore. The impulse is understandable, to some degree. It could be grating to pay attention to complaints from consumers who benefit from privileges that many of us can not even envision. When you cannot muster up some compassion for Charlie Sheen, who can make more moolah for any day’s give good results than the majority of us will make inside of a decade’s time, I guess I cannot blame you.



With the fast speed of occasions online as well as info revolution sparked from the Online, it’s really straightforward for that technology trade to consider it is exclusive: perpetually breaking new ground and performing things that nobody has ever before finished before.

But one can find other types of business that have by now undergone many of the identical radical shifts, and also have just as excellent a stake inside long run.

Take healthcare, as an illustration.

We commonly believe of it like a significant, lumbering beast, but in fact, medicine has undergone a series of revolutions within the previous 200 a long time which have been not less than equal to people we see in technology and details.

Less understandable, but however within just the norms of human nature, could be the impulse to rubberneck, to slow down and check out the carnage of Charlie spectacle of Sheen’s unraveling, but in the blithe interviewer Sheen’s daily life as we pass it within the ideal lane of our daily lives. To get honest, it could possibly be hard for individuals to discern the distinction involving a run-of-the-mill focus whore, and an honest-to-goodness, circling the drain tragedy-to-be. On its own merits, a quote like “I Am On the Drug. It’s Termed Charlie Sheen” is sheer genius, and we cannot all be expected to consider the full measure of someone’s life every single time we listen to some thing amusing.

Quickly forward to 2011 and I'm attempting to check out means of getting a bit more business-like about my hobbies (generally music). Through the finish of January I had manned up and started out to advertise my blogs. I had put together a few completely different weblogs, which were contributed to by acquaintances and colleagues. I promoted these activities by way of Facebook and Twitter.


2nd: the minor abomination the Gang of 5 about the Supream Court gave us a year or so in the past (Citizens Inebriated) literally has a bit bouncing betty of its own that may extremely well go off inside faces of Govs Wanker, Sacitch, Krysty, and J.O. Daniels. Because this ruling extended the notion of “personhood” to the two businesses and unions, to check out to deny them any correct to run inside the legal framework that they were organized beneath deprives these “persons” of the freedoms of speech, association and movement. Which suggests (once yet again, quoting law college trained family members) that both the courts should uphold these rights for that unions (as person “persons” as guaranteed by the Federal (and most state) constitutions, or they've to declare that these attempts at stripping or limiting union rights have to utilize to major firms, also.



There are two NPR executives in the video, identified as Schiller and Director of Institutional Giving Betsy Liley. Neither executive works in NPR's news division. They are shown having lunch with potential NPR donors, who were really working for O'Keefe undercover. In the video, they pose as representatives of a Muslim organization that is considering making a $5 million donation to NPR.


Schiller, who announced last week that he is leaving NPR, makes repeated criticisms against the Tea Party, saying the group is racist.


"Tea Party people" aren't "just Islamaphobic, but really xenophobic," Schiller says. "I mean basically they are, they believe in sort of white, middle-America gun-toting. I mean, it's scary. They're seriously racist, racist people."


He goes on to say, "The Tea Party is fanatically involved in people's personal lives and very fundamental Christian. I wouldn't even call it Christian. It's this weird evangelical kind of move."


In the video, Schiller says that NPR, which is partially funded by government money, would be "better off without federal funding."


"The problem is that if we lost it now, a lot of stations would go dark," Schiller said.


Schiller's remarks come only one day after NPR President and CEO Vivian Schiller (who is unrelated to Ron Schiller) told an audience at the National Press Club that federal funding for NPR was essential.


"Government funding is critical because it allows taxpayers to leverage a small investment into a very large one," she said, according to prepared remarks. "It is seed money. Station managers tell me that 10 percent plays a critical role in generating the other 90 percent that makes their broadcasts possible."


A movement to defund the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, which helps subsidize NPR along with the Public Broadcasting System, is making the rounds among some congressional Republicans, including House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, who released a statement Tuesday afternoon in response to reports of Ron Schiller's comments in the undercover video.


"As we continue to identify ways to cut spending and save valuable resources, this disturbing video makes clear that taxpayer dollars should no longer be appropriated to NPR," Cantor said.


"Not only have top public broadcasting executives finally admitted that they do not need taxpayer dollars to survive, it is also clear that without federal funds, public broadcasting stations self-admittedly would become eligible for more private dollars on top of the multi-million dollar donations these organizations already receive."


Tea Party representatives were also quick to decry Ron Schiller's remarks, using his suggestion that NPR would be better off without government money as an opportunity to call for defunding the organization.


"Mr. Schiller himself candidly admits in the video that NPR doesn't need federal funding, and welcomes the opportunity to slant their reporting without the oversight of the taxpayer," said Mark Meckler, national coordinator for Tea Party Patriots, in a statement. "At a time when the country is upside down by more than a trillion dollars, can we really afford to provide huge subsidies to entities that openly state that they don't need the money? Let's take his advice and pass legislation that would defund the clearly biased news organization that is out of touch with Americans across the country."


– CNN Political Producer Shannon Travis contributed to this report.


Updated 4:35 p.m.


MORE ON JAMES O'KEEFE


Fake pimp from ACORN videos tries to 'punk' CNN correspondent


ACORN workers caught on tape allegedly advising on prostitution


Right on the Edge: The new conservatives







This was supposed to be an article about monetizing your life as an amateur musician. It’s become an opinion piece on my experience of Google AdSense.


Google Adsense allows you receive revenue through placing content-specific adverts on your website. The system makes Google around $8 Billion a year.


I signed up for Adsense several years ago. I had a travel blog which was general only for family and friends. If I remember correctly, my travel blog made me about £0.05 across 2 years or so.


Fast forward to 2011 and I am trying to investigate means of being a little more business-like about my hobbies (mostly music). By the end of January I had manned up and started to promote my blogs. I had created several different blogs, which were contributed to by friends and colleagues. I promoted these activities through Facebook and Twitter.




After a few weeks, I was looking at around 2,000 hits a month across all my content sources. I was feeling pretty proud of myself. My Google Adsense balance was approaching £10, and I hoped I could make around £50-100 a year. Google then disabled my account.


When your Adsense account is disabled you receive a standard email which tells you there has been "invalid activity". It directs you to a help URL. The only response you can take is to make an appeal.


Taking the matter particularly seriously, I spent some time writing the appeal which outlined my thoughts on the invalid activity. My guess is that I have violated their "don’t click on your own ads" policy when I’ve been proudly showing off my sites to friends and family. Since my IP address is logged on Blogger etc. and my clicks are less than 1% of the total hits received from countries far and wide, I assumed that they would realise my site was genuine.

Continued on the next page



Source: http://removeripoffreports.net/ online reputation management

The ultimate in repairing a bruised reputation for business

No comments:

Post a Comment